Tuesday 3 July 2012

RandomChaos Game State Manager Source Release


So, as I said in my last post, I have decided to put up the source code for the GSM. To use it in your projects, either add the project to your solution and add the reference from the project tab of the Add Reference window or, build it and brows for it when adding it as a reference. Then you need to make sure the built content folders and there contents are in the build folder of your project or you will get build errors.
I am also including a game written using the GSM to show how you can simply inherit from it to build a quick and easy menu system for your game. In this case I chose something I knew would be quick to write as a demo, Space Invaders. All assets, both image and sound are courtesy of Classic Arcade Games.

All in all it took me about 3 days to code the game with the GSM, so that's about a hour and a half a night,hmm, maybe 2, so say 6 hours to do this. Now the assets are pre built so did not have to do those, well broke them up a little and formatted them, but not much really. Anyway, I think it shows how fast you can create a simple demo.





It's pretty simple stuff, I have not put any nice animation, the bunkers can't be damaged and the invaders are not animated.. I know, half a job... Oh well, you have the GSM source now and my half done Space Invaders....enjoy.

If you have any queries or issues using the GSM, give me a shout, just remember, it comes warts and all...

Download located here.

No comments:

Post a Comment