Monday 9 July 2012

Deferred Lighting Teaser


So, have resolved some silly issues and school boy errors made while porting my deferred lighting stuff from XNA 3.1 to XNA 4.0, and this is what it looks like at the moment, as you can see there are 5 point lights, a directional light and a cone light in here as well as a skybox.




In the shot you can see my debug out put of the deferred lighting system as well as the FPS. In order (left to right), you can see the color map, the specular/glow/reflection map, the bump/normal map, depth map and finally the light map. The large image in the clip is the final render that combines these maps.

So I hear you say “So where is the blog post on the technique!!” Well, I think I am going to add the instancing to it, then this will give me a nice big chunk I can then do a number of posts on. I will then follow up with the post processing including the water PP effect.

Now, I do have to say, before I post this stuff up, it is just how I have gone about doing deferred lighting, please don’t think this is the best or optimum way to do it, please take it as you see it and build on it, create something with it and make it your own… Oh and I dare say there will be my usual blunders in there :P

Anyway, hope you like the pics and are looking forward to the posts. Also, don’t think I have stopped the thread onprogramming in C# with XNA, I will be adding to this too at some point, but there are only so many hours in the day. As well as my supper secret stuff I am also trying to get my talk together for September, hope you find it useful :)






:D

No comments:

Post a Comment