Monday 9 July 2012

My 2010 Talks – Shader and Billboard Particles


I gave a number of talks this year at the XBLIG-UK meetings, and as promised I am posting up both the slides and the solutions to the talks for you to have a look at and play with.

So, the first talk was an walk through of shaders. This talk basically covered most of my shader articles from ambient, diffuse lighting, specular lighting, multiple lights and onto color, normal and reflection maps. As has been the case with most of my talks I don’t think I got to cover all the elements in during the session.






The code to this presentation can be found here and the power point presentation can be found here

The next talk was to do with billboard particle systems in XNA 4.0, again it was me going over articles I have written in the past, but brought up to date with XNA 4.0.






The code to this presentation can be found here and the power point presentation can be found here

I hope that by giving these out, it will, with any luck, entice a few more of you to come along to the talks, they are starting again in January and I believe I am giving a talk on deferred lighting. If you are interested in attending theses talks, then keep an eye on XBLIG-UK web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment