Friday 6 July 2012

C++ hmmmm.....


Not that many of you will be interested in ANY C++ code, BUT, I have started to play with some C++ and DirectX9. At first so I can get a better understanding of what is going on under the XNA layer and it has made me appreciate just how much XNA does for us.

I have been a C++ developer in the past, but never really done much GUI stuff, I tended to use stuff like VB for my front ends and do all my number crunching in C/C++ dll's so even though I know the language, the whole Win32 API in C++ as well as some of the data types are new to me. I have found a couple of sites invaluable to me in this endeavour however, I started off with Riemers one and only C++ tutorial, a great place to start. Another site FULL of info is theToyMaker, I think I have mentioned it in old posts, but this site is a great mine of information if you are an C# XNA or C++ DX developer, I highly recommend it.

I am blogging my adventures in C++ at my old blog, so if you want to check it out you can find it here. I am intending to port ALL my XNA code over to C++.

Here is a clip of were I am up to at the moment....




No comments:

Post a Comment