Monday 2 July 2012

3D Clouds in XNA


Well, I was asked by a member of our comunity (Jonathan Tan) to comment my skysphere cloud shader a little better, and he also mentioned to me a system written for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight by Niniane Wang, so I took a look and was totaly blown away by it. So decided to try and come up with an XNA version of it.

Now all I have to go on is my amature XNA skills and the description given by Niniane in her video, I also found on her site her full paper of the system wich gave me some of the sprite textures which I took and modified a few of them for what you will see here.

So what I am putting up here is three clips showing the progress of this project so far, now I think it is looking quite cool, but still needs a fair bit of work. I think I will put this with the skysphere sample when I put the code up as I think they will play welltogether. Anyway, as ever your comments are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment