Thursday 28 June 2012

New Engine Component - Terrain With Bump Map Effect


I know, I should be writing up the Fire class and shader, but I have been playing around with bump maps and normals and thought it would be a good idea to apply this to the terrain. I managed to do it using the shader from Reimers tutorial and modified it to render bump maps per terrain layer. Any way enough chat, here are some examples..

Looking down from a mountain..




Looking down the bank..
(different soil texture)



Looking back up the mountain..
(different soil texture)





First run before I started to normal my textures




This was taken to show how this shader hits performance..




My shader, crude, but quicker..




My shader with my water..





I will post the shader once I have a nice clean shader, lots of stuff in there at the moment so will tidy up before posting it. I will also try and put this feature into my own terrain shader and see if it runs any faster....


Posted Mon, Oct 15 2007 7:47 PM by Charles Humphrey
Filed under: Randomchaos 3D Engine, Terrain

No comments:

Post a Comment