I have a few examples using custom pipeline code on here, now an issue I get a lot, mainly because I have next to no modeling skills, is when I try to use a new model that has been UV'd I get compile errors because the UV texture that is embedded in the model file is not present or in the right place. So I have to find the texture file reference in the model file and remove it, but some times the models are not plain text so I have to find the physical texture file (or create a dummy) put it in the right place then compile again.
Now I find this a real pain in the back side, I also then have textures in my projects I may not want to use if I cant pull them out of the model file. So I have found a nice simple solution to my problem, override the ConvertMaterial method in the ModelProcessor and just ignore any texture exceptions.
Here is the code to do it
I have not put a code sample up for this as it is pretty simple to do, if you like try it out on one of the pipeline processors here.